Support for usage of MWconn
Forumsregeln
In most fault cases it is necessary to create a Service Log
Antworten
oking

Nokia CS-17 Internet Stick and PIN code

Beitrag von oking » Di 24. Jul 2012, 17:29

Hello all

Background: I have two Internet sticks, Huawei E160E and Nokia CS-17. Originally I bought the Nokia stick to replace the operator-supplied Huawei, which does not support HSUPA. I use the same SIM card for both sticks.

It seems that there is some problem with passing the PIN code to the Nokia stick from MWconn (I have a 6-digit PIN). When Huawei is used, the PIN works OK, but when Nokia is used, I need to use a clumsy operator-supplied connection software to first enter the PIN and close that application, after which I can start MWconn – which works as long as the stick is not removed from the computer and the stick does not hang (which happens quite often). The Nokia stick suffers from apparently several problems and I'm not particularly happy with it, but this PIN code issue looks as one that should be resolved here.

On screen a message box from MWconn reads like that my PIN is not valid and that I should be careful not to lock the stick, and that I should restart MWconn and re-enter the PIN.

Please find attached the servilog files; log from Nokia is in full, the older Huawei servilog excerpt is old, and I don't currently have the Huawei stick with me to produce a new log with that.

Any clues..? Some spying software that can be used to record what the operator-supplied connection software does differently when entering the PIN to the device?..
Dateianhänge
huawei_servilog_excerpt_MWconn56F.txt
Huawei startup servilog excerpt from MWconn 5.6F
(840 Bytes) 467-mal heruntergeladen
servilog.txt
Nokia startup servilog from MWconn 5.7V
(4.54 KiB) 474-mal heruntergeladen

oking

Re: Nokia CS-17 Internet Stick and PIN code

Beitrag von oking » Mo 17. Sep 2012, 16:28

Addendum: Changed the PIN code to a 4-digit one. No help. Inserted the SIM card into a Huawei stick: now the PIN code works (as expected). Conclusion: Entering PIN code through MWconn for Nokia CS-17 seems to be not working at all.

andrewsuu

Beitrag von andrewsuu » Di 5. Mär 2013, 11:25

Problem solved by itself - started to work properly by itself.

lagoon

Beitrag von lagoon » Mi 6. Mär 2013, 14:06

That'S fine ... :D

Antworten