Support for usage of MWconn
Forumsregeln
In most fault cases it is necessary to create a Service Log
Antworten
Maxgw

Data compression

Beitrag von Maxgw » Fr 30. Okt 2009, 01:06

Hiya folks!

Sorry I'm English, I know I know most of you are probably going to move on but I honestly need help as this problem I am having is driving me crazy!

I've been searching the internet for about 4 days now for someone to help me and stumbled across you guys and wondered if any of you (Rather techie people by the looks) Have got any idea about my problem.

I have just got Virgins mobile broadband dongle, 3 gig limit connects at 3.6kbps on average and it a HUAWEI made dongle (Not sure on model make etc)

Basically I won't lie, I bought it for the soul purpose of playing a game called Bloodbowl online, you play the game through a website caled 'Fumbbl'.

Basically the idea is that you find a coach with a team and you play agsint him, it's quite competative and harshly regulated by dedicated staff and has lots and lots of protocols etc. So the game and the website are a symbiotic machine.

Basically I can't get past lauching the game with my new dongle, I have been told the reason is because the Virgin dongle utalises data compression.

the problem with Data compression is that it bypasses certain elements of a website to make the internet faster (So I am told)

That's all great but the problem is that when I try and play with a team the website and the Java based game need to communicate an authenticated file between one another to make sure no cheating goes on (Like I said it's very official and moderated!)

Now what either the software/dongle/Virgin servers does is compress the data to try and speed up my connection, and in doing so doesn't register/bypasses/God knows what to the authenticated file process, so the game doesn't work and I end up 'Hanging'

So has anyone;

A.Got a freeking clue what I am talking about?
B.Got any idea of a solution?

P.s.
things I have already tried...

These are a list of things I have already tried...

MWconn software - apparenlty disables data compression, but I don't think it works with a USB Dongle, I think it's for GPRS or something?

Typed this into the 'Extra initialization commands'
at+cgdcont=1,"ip","goto.virginmobile.uk"
(Thanks VIrgin...No that didn't work, how's about I call you again and wait 20 minutes to speak to you?)

Crying into my tea and fish & Chips.

Thanks for your time guys and if you can't help don't worry simple sympathy posts are welcome!

(My rubbish attempt at german translator software!)

Hiya Typen , I've gewesen forschend zu Internet als bei 4 Tage nun jetzt als ein zu Hilfe und stolperte dwars Sie Typen und wunderte falls beliebig ihrer ( vielmehr techie Volk beim die Blicke )

Sind geraten beliebig Begriff bei mein Tücke. Ich habe eben bekam Jungfrauen beweglich broadband dongle gig begrenzen verbinden am 3.6kbps im Durchschnitt und es ein HUAWEI gemacht dongle ( nicht gewiß fort formen anfertigen etc )

Grundsätzlich ICH won't Lage , ICH gekauft es fürs Seele Zweck über spielend ein beherzt aufgerufen Gemetzel online , Sie Stück die beherzt hindurch ein Gewebe Kalender 'Fumbbl'. Grundsätzlich die Begriff ist jene Sie befinden ein Kutsche mit ein Riege und Sie Stück agsint ihm , es ist recht competative und rauh regelte beim engagierte Stab und hat in rauhen Mengen über Protokolle etc. So die beherzt und die Gewebe bist ein symbiotisch Maschine. Grundsätzlich Ich kann nicht ankommen vorüber lauching die beherzt mit mein neu dongle ,

Ich habe gewesen gesessen die Vernunft ist weil die Jungfrau dongle utalises Datei Kompression. die Tücke mit Datei Kompression ist jene es Umgehungsstraßen bestimmt Elemente einer Gewebe zu anfertigen die Internet schneller ( so Ich bin gesessen ) Das ist alles groß aber die Tücke ist jene wenn ICH versuchen und Stück mit ein Riege die Gewebe und die Java basierend beherzt Bedarf zu mitteilen ein beglaubigt Akte zwischen einander zu vergewissern null Mogelei geht fort ( gefällt Ich sagte es ist sehr offiziell und milderte! )

Nun jetzt welches einer von beiden die Software dongle / Jungfrau Diener tut ist Kompresse die Datei zu versuchen und beschleunigen mein Anschluß , und in tuend so tut verzeichnen / Umgehungsstraßen / Gott kennt welches zur beglaubigt Akte Vorgang , so die beherzt tut wirken und ICH Ausgang rauf 'Hanging' So hat irgend jemand ; A.Got ein freeking Anhaltspunkt welches Ich bin redend bei? B.Got beliebig Begriff einer Auflösung? P.s. Sachen Ich habe bereits erprobt. Dieser bist ein aufführen über Sachen Ich habe bereits erprobt.

1. MWconn Software anscheinend macht unfähig Datei Kompression , aber ICH don't meinen es Werk mit ein USB Dongle , ICH meinen es ist als GPRS oder auch etwas irgend?
2. Maschinegeschrieben dieses hinein die 'Extra initialization Befehle atcgdcont1,ip,goto.virginmobile.uk+="""" ( danke Jungfrau. Null jene didn't wirken how's bei ICH wecken Sie wieder und warten 20 Minuten zu sprechen mit Sie? )

3. Schreiende hinein mein Tee. und Fish & Chips

Danke als ihrer Zeitrechnung Typen und falls Sie can't abhelfen machen Sie sich keine Sorgen simpel Teilnahme Stellen bist Willkommen!

hErMeS
Administrator
Re: Data compression

Beitrag von hErMeS » Sa 31. Okt 2009, 19:58

Have you tried to plug the stick in an active powered usb hub? please try this in the simple reasen these sticks need a lot of energy.

Compression will only used between your Internet Service Providers proxy and you. Problems mostly generated through these proxy servers but you can bypass them if you use a other proxy in your browser.

Opilionn
Administrator

Re: Data compression

Beitrag von Opilionn » Sa 7. Nov 2009, 13:57

Hi!
May be, the graphics compression is not the reason for the problems.
Using mobile Internet, you normally don't get a public accessible IP, so there is no way to establish an IP connection from outside to your computer. Some Internet games require the user to have a public IP.
Please ensure that this public IP is not required for your game, maybe test it by using a router with closed ports at stationary Internet and see if you can play this game.

Opilionn

Antworten